Monday, December 5, 2011

THE MULLET STRIKES

 When it comes to religion there seems to be no boundaries on how out of control things can get. Religion is usually the drive that makes people do so pretty of the wall thing. Well religion and flat out craziness.


I am not too familiar with the Amish community but I know a little bit about it, and one thing I have noticed is that all Amish men have some pretty impressive beards. They seem to take pride in their beards and I am almost positive that their beards serve some significance to their beliefs. Well not too long ago an article popped up on CNN about four men from a breakaway Amish community that had been charged with committing hate crimes and were denied bond. Apparently the men had cut of the beards and hair of persons that refused to follow the leader of the Amish group named Mullet. 


At first I was like “hmm, maybe they are exaggerating a little bit”, but in the Amish community a man’s beard and head hair are considered sacred. Then I thought about how upset I would be if someone cut my hair off. Not only would I cry but I would be scarred for life. Then another thought popped into my head. Where I work the guys aren’t allowed to have any facial hair except for a mustache. I have realized that whenever any of the guys that I work with get fired, quit or go on vacation, the first thing they do is grow the bushiest beard that they can. It never fails. I have yet to see one guy that has not done it. Beards are obviously a big thing for guys in general. Amish or not.  A little off topic, but I found it a little funny that the leader that people did not want to follow was named “Mullet” haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment